Partnership Sales Representative
The Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce (www.bgchamber.com) seeks a self-motivated, energetic, experienced individual to fill the position of Partnership Sales Representative and join our award-winning Chamber team. The core responsibility of the position is recruitment of new partners and retention of existing partners.
Education/experience: High school degree required. Sales experience and post-secondary education a plus. A successful candidate will have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Responsible for partnership recruitment, including cold calls, visits, etc. and meeting set goals
- Responsible for lead generation and closing of partnership to attain goals
- Track contacts/activity/follow-up daily in CRM
- Responsible for partnership retention and meeting set goals
- Participation/Involvement with Recruitment and Retention committees
- Assist with newsletter and board report: recruitment and retention updates
- Attend retention luncheons and primary Chamber functions
- Attend Chamber functions, community relationship building
- Perform other work as assigned
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of any information encountered
- Requires strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to make judgments serving the organization’s best interest
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, directors and clients
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including but not limited to, computer, printer, calculator, photocopy machine, fax machine, telephone and vehicle
- Experience with various software and/or Windows based applications including but not limited to, word processing, internet usage and email applications.
- Ability to use a computer for spreadsheet, data and word processing functions
- Ability to embrace change and respond to daily situations that arise
- Ability to handle multiple tasks required of a small office environment
- Possesses and utilizes the following traits: initiative, resourcefulness, thoroughness, accuracy, tact, firmness, sound judgment and integrity
A competitive salary + commission, commensurate with experience and excellent benefits are offered for the position.
Please send a letter of interest describing your strengths for this position, along with your resume, salary history, and salary range expected by email to Meredith Robinson, Chief Operating Officer, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The position will remain open until filled.