Thank you for your interest in working with the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce!
Current Open Positions:
Economic Development Coordinator
The Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce seeks a self-motivated, energetic, experienced individual to fill the position of Economic Development Coordinator and join our award winning Chamber team. The core responsibility of the position is to assist President/CEO, Vice President of Regional Economic Development and Talent on economic development and talent projects and related tasks.
Education/experience: Bachelor’s degree required. Plus three (3) to five (5) years experience preferred.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Coordinate and participate in existing industry visits with President and/or VP and provide appropriate follow up with the business.
- Responsible for client database updates related to existing business visits.
- Coordinate follow-ups and updates on existing industry expansion projects.
- Maintain records of existing business job counts for board reports.
- Coordinate participation in or planning of events as needed (job fairs, announcements, TB&I).
- Oversee grant writing as well as various administrative functions related to grants.
- Coordinate Chamber’s talent initiatives in collaboration with VP to include MSSC, Fundamental Skills for Manufacturing, etc.
- Coordinate all activities related to the South Central Kentucky Training Consortium.
- Coordinate all activities of the various committees and councils.
- Communicate weekly with existing targeted businesses on job openings and provide report.
- Scan data mine chamber job portal to share with workforce committees and councils.
- Coordinate incentive application process for clients.
- Perform work as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of any information encountered.
- Requires strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to make judgments serving the organization’s best interest.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, directors and clients.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including but not limited to, computer, printer, calculator, photocopy machine, fax machine, telephone, and vehicle.
- Experience with various software and/or Windows based applications including but not limited to, word processing, internet usage, and email applications.
- Ability to use a computer for spreadsheet, data, presentation and word processing functions.
- Ability to embrace change and respond to daily situations that arise.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks required of a small office environment.
- Possesses and utilizes the following traits: initiative, resourcefulness, thoroughness, accuracy, tact, firmness, sound judgment, and integrity.
A competitive pay, commensurate with experience and excellent benefits are offered for the position.
Please send a letter of interest describing your strengths for this position, along with your resume, salary history, and salary range expected by e-mail to Kenzie Jessup, Office Manager at Kenzie@bgchamber.com. No phone calls please.