Bowling Green, Ky. (January 20, 2016) – The Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce today released its 2015 Annual Report. 2015 was a banner year for the Chamber, with nearly a billion dollars in capital investment and the creation of over 1,000 jobs in South Central Kentucky in 2015.
Other highlights of 2015 include:
- Honored with three Awards of Excellence from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Reaccredited as a 5-Star Chamber by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, an honor bestowed on less than 1 percent of chambers across the nation
- Among metropolitan areas with populations less than 200,000, the city of Bowling Green this year ranked fourth on Site Selection’s Top 10 Metro Areas for New and Expanded Facilities in 2014. This is Bowling Green’s second consecutive year on this list, climbing from sixth last year to fourth this year.
- Announced $904 million in expansion projects, including the No. 2 and No. 5 projects in the state for capital investment
- Sold the fifth speculative building in the Kentucky Transpark within three months after completion and broke ground on a sixth building
The full Annual Report can be found online at bgchamber.com.
Additionally, the Chamber will celebrate its 81st Annual Dinner on Feb. 11. For more details or to purchase tickets, contact Katie Dykes at Katie@bgchamber.com.
About the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce:
Incorporated in 1935, the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce is a 5-Star Accredited Chamber by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and was named the 2009 Chamber of the Year by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. As the fourth largest chamber in Kentucky, the Chamber serves as a premier business advocate for its more than 1,200 partners and is the driving force for economic development in South Central Kentucky. Its primary goals are to promote growth and success in the business community, reaching its small business partners and those in large industries alike. With leadership programs, governmental relations projects, educational initiatives and involvement opportunities, the Chamber aims to support the community and its neighbors in order to enhance the business climate and continue to grow the region.