The Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce today released its 2016 Annual Report. In 2016, the Chamber celebrated nearly half a billion dollars in capital investment and the creation of more than 700 jobs in South Central Kentucky.
Other highlights of 2016 include:
- Honored with four Awards of Excellence from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives.
- General Motors’ $290 million investment in the General Motors Bowling Green Assembly Plant, creating 270 jobs, was the No. 1 investment in the state.
- 2016 was the second largest investment year for South Central Kentucky in the last 10 years.
- Bowling Green ranked second in Site Selection’s Top 10 Metro Areas for New and Expanded Facilities in 2015.
- Kentucky was honored with the Silver Shovel award (3 to 5 million population category); South Central Kentucky was home to three of the top five projects in the state which was integral to securing this award.
- Announced $463 million in expansion projects, including the single largest capital investment project in the state.
- Celebrated the completion of the Kentucky Transpark’s sixth speculative building.
The full Annual Report can be found online at bgchamber.com. Additionally, the Chamber will celebrate its 82nd Annual Dinner on Feb. 6. For more details or to purchase tickets, contact Alli Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce:
Incorporated in 1935, the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce is a 5-Star Accredited Chamber by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and was named the 2009 Chamber of the Year by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. As the fourth largest chamber in Kentucky, the Chamber serves as a premier business advocate for its more than 1,200 partners and is the driving force for economic development in South Central Kentucky. Its primary goals are to promote growth and success in the business community, reaching its small business partners and those in large industries alike. With leadership programs, governmental relations projects, educational initiatives and involvement opportunities, the Chamber aims to support the community and its neighbors in order to enhance the business climate and continue to grow the region.