The Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce has been recognized across the nation for its work and its impact in the community. In 2009, the Chamber was named the No. 1 Chamber in the nation by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives and was awarded with 5-Star Accreditation from the United States Chamber of Commerce.
Below are a few of the other awards the Chamber has received.
- Chamber President and CEO, Ron Bunch was named the 2014 James J. Coleman Community Economic Development Professional of the Year by the Kentucky Association for Economic Development (KAED).
- IEDC Bronze Excellence in Economic Development Award in Multi-Year Economic Development for The WKU Gateway to Downtown Bowling Green TIF project. (Accepted on behalf of Bowling Green)
- IEDC Bronze Excellence in Economic Development Award in Human Capital for The Leader In Me initiative
- Outstanding Membership Growth 2013 from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Outstanding Membership Retention 2013 from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives
- Outstanding Publication 2013 from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives for our "Business Grows Here" brochure
- Outstanding Special Event 2013 from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executive for our FranklinCovey The Leader In Me Dinner
- 5 Excellence Awards from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives in 2011, including 3 for Excellence in Communications and one each for Membership Retention and Best Special Event
- Top 10 rankings for net gain in partner accounts, partner dollars and partner retention, according to ACCE's national survey results
- An ACCE Award for Communication Excellence for www.bgchamber.com, the 2007 Annual Report and the Kentucky Transpark brochure
- Excellent Awards from the Southern Economic Development Council, Inc. for the South Central Kentucky Brochure and the Kentucky Transpark Brochure
- Merit Awards from the Southern Economic Development Council for the South Central Kentucky Marketing Portfolio, the iPod® Touch Treasure Hunt and the Automotive Business Case
- The Excellence Award for Best Website and the Excellence Award for Outstanding Membership Retention from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives