Bowling Green, Ky. (January 23, 2018) – The Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce has released its Annual Report, which highlights its major accomplishments of 2017.
- Named one of four finalists nationwide for the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executive’s 2017 Chamber of the Year. This marks the fourth time the Chamber has been invited since winning the 2009 Chamber of the Year.
- Honored in 2017 with two Excellence Awards by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Executives.
- Finished 2017 with 19 economic development project announcements, totaling $273.6 million in capital investment and 852 new jobs for South Central Kentucky.
- Celebrated the expansion of The Leader in Me Lighthouse schools to nine – more than any other community in the state.
- The Chamber and business partners hosted the second annual SCK LAUNCH Experience involving more than 3,000 students & educators, nearly doubling participation from the previous year.
The complete report is available online at bgchamber.com. Additionally, the Chamber will celebrate its 2018 Annual Dinner on February 8. For more information or to purchase tickets, contact Katie Dykes at Katie@bgchamber.com.
About the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce:
Incorporated in 1935, the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce is a 5-Star Accredited Chamber by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and was named the 2009 Chamber of the Year by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. As the fourth largest chamber in Kentucky, the Chamber serves as a premier business advocate for its more than 1,200 partners and is the driving force for economic development in South Central Kentucky. Its primary goals are to promote growth and success in the business community, reaching its small business partners and those in large industries alike. With leadership programs, governmental relations projects, educational initiatives and involvement opportunities, the Chamber aims to support the community and its neighbors in order to enhance the business climate and continue to grow the region.